Chess rating: 1560
Give chess goodie
|Tue Apr 3 2018 9:25PM | edited: 9:26:06 | MsgID: 19783362|
I shall never resign again having completed reading my first chess book
Tao is now officially... Dangerous
$9.99 from Amazon but hey ho, who gives out teasers. Happy to share my new knowledge with fellow members.
Chess - Strategy, Openings and Principles
What is chess strategy? chess strategy is knowing how to make a plan for the chess game by arranging your chess pieces to accomplish this plan.
Wow I am hooked. How can any book that says chess 4 times in the opening two sentences not be a winner
1) Good chess strategy is to make your first move with the e-pawn or d-pawn advancing two squares. In either case, you will open pathways for the pieces to get off of the back rank and into the fight for the central squares.
2) Good chess strategy is playing each piece one time to its best square, developing them all in turn, and getting your chess pieces off the starting squares. You want to get your pieces into the game rapidly, and posted where they can accomplish something - either aiding your attack or defense of the center. Seldom will you move the same piece twice in the chess opening.
3) Good chess strategy is keeping your King safe, so castle early and get him behind your wing pawns. Castling is a great way to safeguard your King from sudden chess tactics and even checkmate - it gets the King away from the center and develops one of your Rooks at the same time. Top level chess strategy!
4) Good chess strategy is advancing only one or two pawns in the chess opening, just enough to stake out the center and develop your pieces quickly. Moving pawns can weaken your defenses, and is responsible for many losses in the chess opening. A pawn move can never be retracted!
5) Good chess strategy is to make a threat when developing the pieces, which will limit the opponent's freedom of choice. This is the initiative, a chess strategy will dictate the game's course.
Develop and threaten - good chess strategy! The End
Thank me at your leisure Boys..and girl